Monday, July 24, 2006

Honor

As promised, I am adding my personal code of honor as a druid, though it is much abridged. This is the personal code of honor that I wrote about 15 years or so ago, so it goes without saying that I have added a lot to it since then. However, it still provides the bare bones of what I have interpreted my duties to be, as a druid and a pagan.

A Druid's Code of Honor
much abridged

First and foremost a druid is a sacred guardian of the earth. It would serve you well to act like it.
Believe in the power of good over evil always, but remember this: Light does not equal good and dark does not equaly evil.
Moderation in all things, even virtue.
Maintain a cheerful disposition and revel in the joy of living. These things are contagious.
The Gods and Goddesses are always there
Keep the rites of your Gods and Goddesses
Defend your rights and the rights of others
Keep your honor
Help and protect those who cannot do so for themselves.
Be courteous - be courteous even when others are not for they may not have had the chance to learn courtesy.
Grace and dignity go hand in hand.
Fight for the earth however you must for there are few of us who will. Fight for the animals, the forests, the greenfolk, the mountains, the waters, the air. Fight for them until death or there will be nothing left to fight for.
*******
As I have said, I have added a great deal more and clarified certain things over the years. This is my most basic list of my personal requirements to fulfill my duties as druid, on my own path.

Love, Honor and Respect,
Niamh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home