Friday, July 14, 2006

Intent

When I created this space last night, I did so without having any real clear intent. I only had this annoying sense that I should do it. To what end? Who knew? I am not particularly computer savvy and I do not really even like computers all that much. So why the urge to make this?
After having the night to think on it, I know that I need to do this in order to provide a place where a druid's daily (or as often as I can manage) path may be contemplated. When I began my path as a druid, some 17 years ago, it was after a year of experimenting with different pagan paths. There were (and are) books on the ancient Celts and there were even books on becoming a druid, being a druid and books speculating about being a druid. But there was very little to go on in a practical sense, as a 17 year old with a small income (no group memberships here!) and being very much in the closet in a Christian household. Now, there are forum boards and lots of books, but I find few of those things give a good sense of what it is to really become a druid in philosophy, theology and practicality. I would like to give as clear a view as possible on my path and how I got here as well as how this path influences and guides my daily life. This is what I would have given anything to see, as a young pagan woman during a time when pagan paths were just coming to public knowledge. If it can be a help, then I will have reached a goal. There may be other goals to come, but this is my aim for now. This, I do as a part of my initiation next year. I guess you could think of it as going from druid to Druid perhaps. Some researchers say that it could take up to 20 years of study and memorizing to become a druid. I guess the same can hold true today. So, as a prelude to taking on my torque next Imbolc, here I am to share what I can.
I was not entirely sure how this was going to go, so I have kept my list of people who may comment very short. Near non existent, until I got the hang of this. But I think perhaps my purpose will be best served in opening it up to the general readership online, whomever that may be.
There are a good may excellent pagan shops and services online, and I realize having access to them is an important thing for folks in some of the more out of the way areas. So I am going to open this journal to ads. If it gets too annoying, I trust I will hear about it, at which point, I will do something about it.
Love, Honor and Respect
Niamh sionnachdubh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home